Enter SWEET10 and save 10% off all orders in my Etsy shop!

Enter SWEET10 and save 10% off all orders in my Etsy shop!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Tank Dress

So many of my sewing-related posts are directed at things I have made the kids. I thought it would be fun to show you something I have made for myself this summer.

One of my favorite dresses to make Emma year round is a t-shirt dress. They are so easy to make and great to just throw on for the park or school. After seeing a few "grown-up" versions in the stores this year, I decided to make one for myself :)

I used a white tank I bought on sale at Loft for $10 and this fun print from Amy Butler. Dressed up or down, I wish I had time to make a handful of these!
Happy Summer!!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I love making dresses this way, they are always so comfortable. Looks beautiful!
Emily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Lovely dress! Nice simple idea too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is so cute!!! It looks great!!! I am visiting from Sew Chatty and I am a new follower! Hope you have a great day and I look forward to seeing you around soon!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Mommy Makes Me said...

I have seen these all over the stores but I can never find the right color/ pattern combo. I guess I will just have to make my own. Thanks for posting! I saw your post over at Sugar Bee Crafts. I'm a new follower. I love the kids clothes you have done. Hope you can stop by my blog and say hi.

http://mommymakesme.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

HoneySage said...

I like this look very much. It is so versatile! I may have to try it, myself. Thanks for sharing!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Very pretty! You look great! =)

Kaitlin Saenz said...

Looks great! I'm visiting from My Junk Drawer! I'd love for you to share this with my {re}create into something new blog party too at http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/recreate-into-something-new-3.html

Hope to see you at my place soon!
Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Yur dress is gorgeous! (So are you, by the way.)